Welcome to Year 1
Welcome to the new Year 1 class pages.
The children have made a wonderful start to the new academic year and are settling in really well to the new routines and demands of Year 1.
On these pages you will find some general information about day to day life in Year 1, including details of our class saint and prayers as well as some useful web links and ideas on how to support your child's learning at home. I hope you find it helpful and informative and I'm sure you will enjoy looking through our many photographs.
Staff in Year 1:
Mrs Trattos - Class Teacher
Mrs Kaur - Phonics Teacher and Learning Support
Mrs Weng - Learning Support
Ms Sharpe - Learning Support
Mrs Taylor - Music Teacher
Mrs Baker - Art Teacher (PPA cover)
Mrs Benton - French Teacher (PPA cover)
Music lessons with Mrs Taylor take place on Fridays.
PE lessons take place on Tuesdays and Fridays but please ensure PE kits are in school all week just in case of any unexpected changes.
- Please check your child's reading packet daily for letters, fliers, party invites, etc
- Please make sure that uniform, coats and drinking flasks are clearly labelled with your child's name.
- Please ensure that earrings are of a small stud style and removed if possible for PE days.
- Please make sure hair is tied up completely in ponytails or plaits to help stop the spread of head lice.
- If your child is late in the morning, please take them directly to the main office.
Meet the Teacher: For those of you who were unable to attend the meeting at the start of term, the relevant PowerPoint is available at the bottom of this page.
The Parent Planners for Autumn 1 and Autumn 2 are available to view on the Curriculum page.
If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to come and speak to me on the playground before or after school or contact me by email.
Thank you for your continued support.