Happy New Year to you all and a huge THANK YOU for your very thoughtful and generous Christmas gifts. Here's hoping you all had a wonderful and joyous time over the festive period with your families. It's lovely to see the children back in school and pleasing to see how quickly they have settled - all ready for a fun packed and busy Spring term!
Welcome to the Year 1 class pages.
After just a few days the children have made a wonderful start to the new academic year and are settling in, adapting well to the new routines and demands of Year 1. We look forward to getting to know the children well and to working with you, the parents, to ensure the very best learning experiences for them. It was lovely to meet so many of you on Friday at our ‘Meet the Teacher’ session but please do not worry if you were unable to attend as the relevant PowerPoint is available to see at the foot of this page.
On these pages you will find some general information about day to day life in Year 1, including details of our class saint and prayers, as well as some useful web links and ideas on how to support your child's learning at home. I hope you find it helpful and informative and I'm sure you will enjoy looking through our many photographs as they are added throughout the year.
Staff in Year 1:
Mrs. Trattos - Class Teacher
Mrs. Windsor – Class Teacher (Fridays)
Mrs. D’Arcy – Teaching Assistant
Mrs. Baker - Art Teacher (PPA cover)
Mrs. Train – Music (PPA Cover)
Mrs. Taylor - Music Teacher
PE lessons take place on Thursdays but please ensure PE kits are in school all week just in case of any unexpected changes.
- Please check your child's reading packet daily for letters, fliers, party invites, etc.
- Please make sure that uniform, coats and drinking flasks are clearly labelled with your child's name.
- Please ensure that earrings are of a small stud style and removed if possible for PE days.
- Please make sure hair is tied up completely in ponytails or plaits to help stop the spread of head lice.
- If your child is late in the morning, please take them directly to the main office.
If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to come and speak to me on the playground before or after school or contact me by email.
Thank you for your continued support.