Meet Reception Class
Welcome to Reception's Class web page. This page is intended to help both the parents, children and families in their journey through Reception. Please use the icons above to navigate through this page.
Please continue to refer to the many help and advice sheets given out at the New Parent Meetings at the end of June.
3rd September 2020
The children have had a wonderful first day in Reception. They have had fun making new friends and we were very lucky that the sun came out this afternoon, so we spent lots of time outside. The children enjoyed building and playing with the large castle that Mrs Long has been busy making over the summer holiday. We also did some magic today with small beads that grow when they are in water. I told the children that they would only grow if we were the best class. Sure enough they grew! We have added more water this afternoon to see if they continue to grow over night. Tomorrow we can have fun with this sensory play. Most of the children have painted - these will be finished tomorrow. Look out on the photo's page for their first painting display. I hope the children enjoyed their first day at St Anne's.
**Please note, that due to government guidelines, there are some changes in timings and arrangements for the start and end of the school day**
Children are asked to arrive by the front entrance of the school only (Blackwood Road). Children should arrive between 8.55am and 9.05am so that they do not mix with children from other year group bubbles. Please try not to arrive any earlier, as children from other classes will be there and the idea is for the class bubbles not to mix. I will be there to greet the children along with Mrs Johnston and Mrs Swift. Mrs Long will be in the class with Miss Wallis and Mrs Matchett. Children should be collected from the front main gate at the end of the school day at 3.25pm promptly. Parents are asked not to use the parking spaces in front of the school during this time to help keep our children safe. Please try your best to line up inside the red barriers in register order. It doesn't have to be perfect, but somewhere close would help social distancing and the speed of dismissal. Once your child has been dismissed to you, please move away from the front of the barriers so the other children can be dismissed. If you stand greeting your child at the front of the barrier it slows the process down.
Thank you for your support during this time. I'm sure within a few weeks we'll all be experts!
Temporary timings for the day
|Arrive||8.55am - 9.05am|
|Lunch||11.45am - 12.15pm|
|End of the Day||3.25pm|
Please consider joining the school's active PTA. Meetings take place at 7pm in the school. If you do not want to join the committee or cannot attend the meetings, you can still help at the events. You can help by offering your skills, making a donation and supporting the many fantastic PTA events. Please let me know and I will pass on your offer to the PTA. Alternatively, you could speak to Mrs Perry Ryan (Eva's mum) or Mrs Vickers (Jimmy's mum) who are both on the PTA.
If you have any questions, worries or queries, please use the contact email form below. We are currently not going to use the Links Books due to the current situation.
Here's to a great half term!
Mrs Turley - Class Teacher Mrs Long - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Matchett - Teaching Assistant Mrs Taylor - Music Teacher Mr Walker - Sports Coach
- reading packet and pump bag too. It is especially helpful to add a key ring onto the reading packet and pump bag to help your child identify it
- The 'Prayer Bag' will go home every Monday and should be returned by Friday
- The 'PE Bag' will go home every Monday and should be returned by Friday
- Music lessons with Mrs Taylor - TBA
- PE lessons - TBA
- Children should not be bringing sweets or chocolate to school
**Please note, that due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, dates and parental involvement are subject to change**
- Thursday 3rd September - School re-opens to children for Autumn term
- Friday 25th September - Macmillan Coffee Morning *Children only this year*
- October - Walk to school Month (from May 2020) - More details to follow
- Friday 23rd October - Whole School Sponsored Walk
- Friday 23rd October - School closes for Half Term at 3.25pm
- Monday 2nd November - Return to school
- Sunday 22nd November - St Cecillia Day
- Thursday 26th November - Pupil Progress Meetings (timings and arrangements TBA)
- Friday 27th November - School closed for Staff Training
- Monday 30th November - St Andrew’s Day (Children to wear token blue with uniform: blue tie, blue socks, blue hair bobble)
- Friday 11th December - PTA Christmas Fayre 3.30pm - 6pm (TBA)
- Monday 14th December - EYFS Nativity Play at 2.30pm (TBA)
- Tuesday 15th December - EYFS Nativity Play at 10.00am (TBA)
- Thursday 17th December - School closes for Christmas holidays at 3.25pm
- Friday 18th December - School closed for Staff Training
- Monday 4th January - Return to school for Spring term
- Friday 8th January - Mufti Day (unwanted Christmas gifts)
- Friday 22nd January - National Handwriting Day
- Friday 29th January - School closed for Staff Training
- Monday 8th February - Bee Bot Activity Session
- Monday 8th February - Chinese New Year Week
- Thursday 11th February - Feast Day of Our Lady of Lourdes
- Friday 12th February - School closes for Half Term at 3.25pm
- Monday 22nd February - Return to school
- Saturday 27th February - St Anne's 50th Celebration Party (contact the PTA for details)
- Monday 1st March - St David’s Day (children to wear token yellow: yellow hair bobble, yellow tie, yellow socks etc)
- Friday 5th March - World Book day dress up day at St Anne’s
- Monday 8th March - Mother’s Day Shoo open in school
- Wednesday 17th March - St Patrick’s Day (children to wear token green: green socks, green tights etc)
- Thursday 25th March - Pupil Progress Meetings (timings and arrangements TBA)
- Friday 26th March - School closed for staff training
- Thursday 1st April - School closes for Easter holidays at 3.25pm
- Monday 19th April - Return to school for Summer term
- Friday 23rd April - St George’s Day (children to wear token red: red shoes, red shirt etc)
- May - Walk to school Month - More details to follow
- Monday 3rd May - Bank Holiday
- Wednesday 26th May - May Procession following Whole School & Parish Mass
- Friday 28th May - School closes for Half Term at 3.25pm
- Monday 7th June - Return to school
- Friday 9th July - Sports Day and Picnic
- Saturday 10th July - St Anne's Garden Party 1pm - 4pm
- Wednesday 21st July - School closes for Summer Holiday