The children would like to wish you all a Happy Mother’s Day
As we move into the last term in Reception, please pray that we have a more settled term and that we can finally begin to enjoy some normality as we progress through the term. We look forward to welcoming parents in to school at some point in the term.
As the weather begins to warm up, children will often remove jumpers and cardigans. We encourage children to put their jumper or cardigan straight into their reading packet. However, this sometimes doesn't happen. Please make sure your child's uniform is fully named - especially new uniform. The children are learning to read other children's names so can return missing jumpers. Remember - all jumpers look the same. A printed name stamper is a quick, easy and effective way of naming uniform. If you have other children, you might want to have one with just the surname so it can be used for the whole family. There is a weblink on the 'General Information about Reception' page.
During sunnier spells, please ensure your child has a named sun hat to wear. Children spend lots of time outside. This will help protect them from the sun. Please also apply sun cream before school. We encourage children to drink lots on warmer days and refill drink bottles with water whenever needed. We also talk about the need to find shade to play and relax. Your child might not need a thick coat every day, but a thin waterproof coat is useful as the weather can often change through the day.
Welcome to Reception's Class web page. This page is intended to help both the parents, children and families in their journey through Reception. Please use the icons above to navigate through this page.
Please continue to refer to the many help and advice sheets given out at the New Parent Meetings at the end of June.
The morning and afternoon routines for dropping off and picking up children are continuing. Please make sure you continue to remember your own social distancing. Thank you for remembering to wait in register order. It really is helping with swift and efficient dismissing.
Temporary timings for the day
|Lunch||11.30am - 12.20pm|
|End of the Day||3.25pm|
We will now be having a drink and fruit in the morning. You are welcome to send a piece of fruit or a vegetable for your child to eat in the afternoon.
Class Library continues to takes place every Friday. Children will choose a book from the class library box and bring this home. It is intended that you share this story with your child at home and then return this book to school the following Friday. These books will be quarantined before going home with another child.
Children have an individual reading book and reading record. Please make sure these are inside their reading packet every day. Please also spend a short period of time as regularly as possible to practice reading skills and share these books with your child. Please also look on the 'Reading & Phonics' webpage for further help and advise on supporting your child with reading at home.
Our Woodlands School visit will take place every Friday afternoon. Children should now come to school in their Woodlands School clothing and bring their waterproof outer clothing and footwear in a separate bag. This clothing should be suitable for wet, cold and muddy play. Please make sure you send their footwear in a separate bag. Don't forget to look on the photographs webpage to see what we have been doing.
Please remember to send PE pump bags into school. Our main PE day remains Thursday. Children will change for PE in school. Pump bags will stay in school, come home at the end of every half term and should be returned after the holiday.
Travelling Ted will come home every Monday and should be returned by Friday to be given enough time to be quarantined before his next trip.
The PE and Prayer Bags are also going home. These will go home on a rota basis every Monday and should be back in school by Friday to give time to be quarantined.
Please consider joining the school's active PTA. Meetings take place at 7pm in the school. If you do not want to join the committee or cannot attend the meetings, you can still help at the events. You can help by offering your skills, making a donation and supporting the many fantastic PTA events. Please let me know and I will pass on your offer to the PTA. Alternatively, you could speak to Mrs Perry Ryan (Eva's mum) or Mrs Vickers (Jimmy's mum) who are both on the PTA.
If you have any questions, worries or queries, please use the contact email form below or the blue Links Books.
Mrs Turley - Class Teacher Mrs Long - Teaching Assistant Mrs Matchett - Teaching Assistant
- reading packet and pump bag too. It is especially helpful to add a key ring onto the reading packet and pump bag to help your child identify it
- Travelling Ted will go home every Monday and should be returned by Friday
- The 'Prayer Bag' will go home every Monday and should be returned by Friday
- The 'PE Bag' will go home every Monday and should be returned by Friday
- Music lessons with Mrs Taylor - Not taking place due to current restrictions
- PE lessons - Thursday
- Woodlands School - Friday - please send in spare clothing suitable for wet, cold and muddy play
- Children should not be bringing sweets or chocolate to school
**Please note, that due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, dates and parental involvement are subject to change**
- Thursday 1st April - School closes for Easter holidays at 3.25pm
- Monday 19th April - Return to school for Summer term
- Friday 23rd April - St George’s Day (children to wear full uniform with token red: red shoes, red shirt etc)
- Thursday 29th April - Parent Meetings (details to follow)
- May - Walk to school Month - (details to follow)
- Monday 3rd May - Bank Holiday - School Closed
- Wednesday 26th May - May Procession following Whole School & Parish Mass TBA
- Friday 28th May - School closes for Half Term at 3.25pm
- Monday 7th June - Return to school
- Thursday 1st July - 50th Anniversary Mass with Archbishop Bernard TBA
- Saturday 3rd July - Y3 First Holy Communion - Please keep the children in your prayers
- Thursday 8th July - Y6 Confirmation - Please keep our special friends in your prayers
- Friday 9th July - Sports Day and Picnic TBA
- Saturday 10th July - St Anne's Garden Party 1pm - 4pm TBA
- Wednesday 21st July - School closes for Summer Holiday