Welcome to Reception's Class web page. This page is intended to help both the parents, children and families in their journey through Reception. Please use the icons above to navigate through this page.
Please continue to refer to the many help and advice sheets given out at the New Parent Meetings at the end of June.
The morning and afternoon routines for dropping off and picking up children are working well. Thank you for helping with these new routines. Please make sure you continue to remember your own social distancing.
Temporary timings for the day
|Lunch||11.30am - 12.20pm|
|End of the Day||3.25pm|
As lunch is now earlier, the children will have milk only in the morning and have fruit with their drink in the middle of the afternoon.
Class Library takes place every Friday. Children will choose a book from the class library box and bring this home. It is intended that you share this story with your child at home and then return this book to school the following Friday. These books will be quarantined before going home with another child.
Our Woodlands School visit will take place every Friday afternoon. Please send a change of warm and waterproof clothing in a named bag that includes wellingtons or walking boots. This clothing should be suitable for wet, cold and muddy play. Children will change into these clothes after lunch and will come home in them. Uniform will be in their named bag. Please look on the photographs webpage to see what we have been doing.
Travelling Ted has started his adventures. He will come home every Friday and should be returned on Monday to be given enough time to be quarantined before his next trip. The PE and Prayer Bags are also going home. These will be on a rota basis and should be back in school by Friday to give time to be quarantined.
Please consider joining the school's active PTA. Meetings take place at 7pm in the school. If you do not want to join the committee or cannot attend the meetings, you can still help at the events. You can help by offering your skills, making a donation and supporting the many fantastic PTA events. Please let me know and I will pass on your offer to the PTA. Alternatively, you could speak to Mrs Perry Ryan (Eva's mum) or Mrs Vickers (Jimmy's mum) who are both on the PTA.
If you have any questions, worries or queries, please use the contact email form below or the blue Links Books.
Mrs Turley - Class Teacher Mrs Long - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Matchett - Teaching Assistant
- reading packet and pump bag too. It is especially helpful to add a key ring onto the reading packet and pump bag to help your child identify it
- The 'Prayer Bag' will go home every Monday and should be returned by Friday
- The 'PE Bag' will go home every Monday and should be returned by Friday
- Music lessons with Mrs Taylor - Not taking place due to current restrictions
- PE lessons - Thursday
- Woodlands School - Friday - please send in spare clothing suitable for wet, cold and muddy play
- Children should not be bringing sweets or chocolate to school
**Please note, that due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, dates and parental involvement are subject to change**
- Sunday 22nd November - St Cecillia Day
- Thursday 26th November - Whole School Sponsored Walk
- Thursday 26th November - Pupil Progress Meetings (please refer to your Parent Mail)
- Friday 27th November - School closed for Staff Training
- Monday 30th November - St Andrew’s Day (Children to wear token blue with uniform: blue tie, blue socks, blue hair bobble)
- Tuesday 15th December – Class Birthday Party for December birthdays
- Wednesday 16th December – Christmas Jumper Day – Donate £1
- Wednesday 16th December – Flu Vaccines
- Wednesday 16th December – Christmas Dinner
- Wednesday 16th December – Class Bubble Christmas Fayre
- Thursday 17th December – Break up for Christmas at 3.25pm
- Thursday 17th December - School closes for Christmas holidays at 3.25pm
- Friday 18th December - School closed for Staff Training
- Monday 4th January - Return to school for Spring term
- Friday 8th January - Mufti Day (unwanted Christmas gifts)
- Friday 22nd January - National Handwriting Day
- Friday 29th January - School closed for Staff Training
- Monday 8th February - Bee Bot Activity Session
- Monday 8th February - Chinese New Year Week
- Thursday 11th February - Feast Day of Our Lady of Lourdes
- Friday 12th February - School closes for Half Term at 3.25pm
- Monday 22nd February - Return to school
- Saturday 27th February - St Anne's 50th Celebration Party (contact the PTA for details) TBA
- Monday 1st March - St David’s Day (children to wear token yellow: yellow hair bobble, yellow tie, yellow socks etc)
- Friday 5th March - World Book day dress up day at St Anne’s
- Monday 8th March - Mother’s Day Shoo open in school
- Wednesday 17th March - St Patrick’s Day (children to wear token green: green socks, green tights etc)
- Thursday 25th March - Pupil Progress Meetings (timings and arrangements TBA)
- Friday 26th March - School closed for staff training
- Thursday 1st April - School closes for Easter holidays at 3.25pm
- Monday 19th April - Return to school for Summer term
- Friday 23rd April - St George’s Day (children to wear token red: red shoes, red shirt etc)
- May - Walk to school Month - More details to follow
- Monday 3rd May - Bank Holiday
- Wednesday 26th May - May Procession following Whole School & Parish Mass TBA
- Friday 28th May - School closes for Half Term at 3.25pm
- Monday 7th June - Return to school
- Friday 9th July - Sports Day and Picnic TBA
- Saturday 10th July - St Anne's Garden Party 1pm - 4pm TBA
- Wednesday 21st July - School closes for Summer Holiday