Following the Prime Minister's announcement to reopen school's on Monday 8th March, we look forward to welcoming all children back to school. Look out for Parent Mail's from Mrs Johnston regarding whole school arrangements. Please send in your child's Home Learning Workbooks. I look forward to looking through them and seeing all the wonderful things they've been doing and the progress they must have made.
Thank you for supporting your children with home schooling, whilst also possibly juggling other children and working from home. I know how difficult it must have been. Thank you also for the many emails keeping me informed on your child's progress and learning at home. They really have kept me part of the process and have given me an insight into where to move to next each week and when we return to school. Thank you also for the many kind words. All these emails have kept my spirits up during this difficult time. Let's hope and pray this is the last time we will have to do this!
Mrs Long, Mrs Matchett and I look forward to seeing the children return to school on Monday 8th March.
Welcome to Reception's Class web page. This page is intended to help both the parents, children and families in their journey through Reception. Please use the icons above to navigate through this page.
Please continue to refer to the many help and advice sheets given out at the New Parent Meetings at the end of June.
The morning and afternoon routines for dropping off and picking up children are working well. Thank you for helping with these new routines. Please make sure you continue to remember your own social distancing.
Temporary timings for the day
|Lunch||11.30am - 12.20pm|
|End of the Day||3.25pm|
As lunch is now earlier, the children will have milk only in the morning and have fruit with their drink in the middle of the afternoon.
Class Library takes place every Friday. Children will choose a book from the class library box and bring this home. It is intended that you share this story with your child at home and then return this book to school the following Friday. These books will be quarantined before going home with another child.
Children have an individual reading book and reading record. Please make sure these are inside their reading packet every day. Please also spend a short period of time as regularly as possible to practice reading skills and share these books with your child. Please look of the 'Reading & Phonics' webpage for further help and advise on supporting your child with reading at home.
Our Woodlands School visit will take place every Friday afternoon. Please send a change of warm and waterproof clothing in a named bag that includes wellingtons or walking boots. This clothing should be suitable for wet, cold and muddy play. Children will change into these clothes after lunch and will come home in them. Uniform will be in their named bag. Please look on the photographs webpage to see what we have been doing.
Travelling Ted will come home every Monday and should be returned by Friday to be given enough time to be quarantined before his next trip.
The PE and Prayer Bags are also going home. These will go home on a rota basis every Monday and should be back in school by Friday to give time to be quarantined.
Please consider joining the school's active PTA. Meetings take place at 7pm in the school. If you do not want to join the committee or cannot attend the meetings, you can still help at the events. You can help by offering your skills, making a donation and supporting the many fantastic PTA events. Please let me know and I will pass on your offer to the PTA. Alternatively, you could speak to Mrs Perry Ryan (Eva's mum) or Mrs Vickers (Jimmy's mum) who are both on the PTA.
If you have any questions, worries or queries, please use the contact email form below or the blue Links Books.
Mrs Turley - Class Teacher Mrs Long - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Matchett - Teaching Assistant
- reading packet and pump bag too. It is especially helpful to add a key ring onto the reading packet and pump bag to help your child identify it
- Travelling Ted will go home every Monday and should be returned by Friday
- The 'Prayer Bag' will go home every Monday and should be returned by Friday
- The 'PE Bag' will go home every Monday and should be returned by Friday
- Music lessons with Mrs Taylor - Not taking place due to current restrictions
- PE lessons - Thursday
- Woodlands School - Friday - please send in spare clothing suitable for wet, cold and muddy play
- Children should not be bringing sweets or chocolate to school
**Please note, that due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, dates and parental involvement are subject to change**
- Monday 8th March - All children return to school
- Friday 12th March - World Book day dress up day at St Anne’s
- Wednesday 17th March - St Patrick’s Day (children to wear token green: green socks, green tights etc)
- Thursday 25th March - Pupil Progress Meetings (timings and arrangements TBA)
- Friday 26th March - School closed for staff training
- Thursday 1st April - School closes for Easter holidays at 3.25pm
- Monday 19th April - Return to school for Summer term
- Friday 23rd April - St George’s Day (children to wear token red: red shoes, red shirt etc)
- May - Walk to school Month - More details to follow
- Monday 3rd May - Bank Holiday
- Wednesday 26th May - May Procession following Whole School & Parish Mass TBA
- Friday 28th May - School closes for Half Term at 3.25pm
- Monday 7th June - Return to school
- Friday 9th July - Sports Day and Picnic TBA
- Saturday 10th July - St Anne's Garden Party 1pm - 4pm TBA
- Wednesday 21st July - School closes for Summer Holiday