THANK YOU MISS YASEEN
Today we said goodbye and a great big thank you to Miss Yaseen. She’s been with us since November and the children have enjoyed working with her and all the things she has taught us. We will miss you lots!
Welcome to Reception's Class web page. This page is intended to help both the parents, children and families in their journey through Reception. Please use the icons above to navigate through this page.
Please continue to refer to the many help and advice sheets given out at the New Parent Meetings in June, the class website and the Parent Support Pages on the main school website.
Timings for the day
|Staggered Arrive||8.30am - 8.50am|
|Lunch||11.30am - 12.30pm|
|End of the Day||3.15pm|
Reading & Phonics
Please make sure your child’s Reading Book is inside their reading packet every day. Their 'Tricky Word Book' & 'Sound Book' can stay at home.
Please spend a short period of time EVERY DAY hearing your child read their school individual reading book and practicing reading skills. This includes practicing 'Sound Books', practicing 'Tricky Word Books', playing games on the Phonics Play Website, playing phonics games, practicing reading regular word flash cards from the 'Phonics & Reading Class Webpage' and any other reading or phonics advice given on the weekly class newsletter. Please also look on the class 'Reading & Phonics' webpage for further help and advise on supporting your child with reading at home. Please also refer to the handouts given at the Parent Workshop in October to help you support your child to learn to read and write at home.
1000 Stories Shared
The 1000 Stories Shared initiative is now in full swing with lots of children receiving their first certificate. Once you have read the story book at home and shared the WOW Word, please send it straight back to school so your child can choose a new book. When you have completed your WOW word collector card, please return it to school and your child will receive a 1000 Stories certificate. How many books can your child read throughout Reception? How many certificates can your child achieve through Reception?
Our Woodlands School visit will take place every Friday. Children should come to school in their Woodlands School clothing wearing Velcro shoes and bring their outer clothing in a separate bag. We ask that you consider the changing weather through spring and into summer where they will not need as many layers. An all-in-one play suit is still a great option if it is thin:
- All-in-one waterproof suit / waterproof raincoat
- Hat / scarf
- Wellies / walking boots (please put these in a separate bag inside their Woodlands School Bag to help with managing in class)
- Spare socks for when their feet get wet
Be aware that your child may still come home dirty, so ensure they are wearing old clothing you don't mind getting dirty. Please make sure you send their footwear in a separate bag. Don't forget to look on the photographs webpage to see what we have been doing.
Our main adult led PE days are currently Monday and Thursday. Children should come to school wearing their school uniform. PE kits will stay in school for the half term and will be sent home to be washed during the holidays. Please return these after the break. Reception class do not need an outdoor PE kit tracksuit. Please make sure that earrings are removed or covered. Please provide:
- Plain black shorts
- School PE t-shirt
- Velcro trainers
- Spare socks (for girls when wearing tights)
Please consider joining the school's active PTA. Meetings take place at 7pm in the school. These meetings will be held in school or via Zoom. The office will advise you of the dates and Zoom log in details. If you do not want to join the committee or cannot attend the meetings, you can still help at the events. You can help by offering your skills, making a donation and supporting the many fantastic PTA events. Please let me know and I will pass on your offer to the PTA. Please keep an eye on Parent Mail and Mrs Johnston's weekly Headlines for the date of our next PTA meeting. We are currently trying to raise £30,000 towards the cost of building our new classroom for Year 6.
Please join us for our next PTA Meeting
Click here for St Anne's PTA Website with more information
If you have any questions, worries or queries, please use the contact email form below or your child's blue Links Books.
Mrs Turley - Class Teacher Mrs Long - Teaching Assistant
Mrs D'Arcy - PPA Cover & Early Morning Support
Mrs Taylor - Music Teacher
Mrs Swann - KKDC Dance Teacher
Mrs Leach & Mrs O'Reilly - Dinner Supervisors
General Reminders / Information
- Please make sure that uniform, PE kits, coats and drinking flasks are clearly named (if it moves or can be taken of - name it!) especially if your child has new uniform. Please do not use pen to write a name things as it will come off after a wash or become rubbed off. Don't forget to put your child's name on the outside of their reading packet and pump bag too. It is especially helpful to add a key ring onto the reading packet and pump bag to help your child identify it
- Travelling Ted will go home regularly with his travel bag with a child who the staff are particularly proud of that day
- The 'Prayer Bag' will go home every day on a rota basis
- The 'PE Bag' will go home every day on a rota basis
- Music lessons with Mrs Taylor - Friday
- PE lessons - Thursday (& Monday when taking part in KKDC Dance lessons with Mrs Swann)
- Library Visits - Alternate Friday's
- Woodlands School - Friday - see above for information
- Please check and clear your child's reading packet every evening. They will be filled with letters, fliers, party invites, children's pictures etc
- Please ensure that earrings are of a small stud style and removed for PE & Woodlands School days
- Please ensure that children are not wearing nail varnish or visible tattoos to school
- Please make sure hair is tied up completely in ponytails or plaits and not in a half up / half down style to help stop the spread of head lice
- Please make sure that packed lunches include healthy choices and are not too big - Children should not be bringing sweets or chocolate to school
- Please make sure that you always order your child's school dinner through the Dolce website (especially after a weekend or holiday)
- If your child is late in the morning, please take them directly to the main office
- If you want to give the class a treat on your child's birthday, then please provide a small packet of sweets or chocolate bar. We do not have the facilities for sharing big birthday cakes and anything larger can make some parents and children feel uncomfortable.
*Please note, that dates and times are subject to change. Please keep your eye on Mrs Johnston's weekly Headlines Parent Mail*
- Friday 26th May - Break up for Half Term
- Value & Virtue - Intentional & Prophetic
- Monday 5th June - Return to school
- Monday 12th June - Friday 16th June - Father’s Day Gift Shop
- Friday 16th June - EYFS Enrichment Day ‘Outdoor Learning’
- Saturday 17th June - Y3 First Holy Communion (please keep Year 3 in your prayers)
- Wednesday 21st June - Y3 First Holy Communion Celebration Whole School Mass followed by Eucharist Procession
- Friday 23rd June - EYFS Parent & Child Reading together 2.30pm
- Thursday 6th July - Year 6 Confirmation (please keep our Special Friends in your prayers)
- Friday 7th July - Sport's Day (infants to compete in the morning session)
- Saturday 8th July - Garden Party
- Friday 14th July - Back Up Sport's Day
- Friday 21st July - Break up for Summer at 2.30pm
- Monday 24th July - Staff INSET Day - School closed for children
- Tuesday 25th July - Staff INSET Day - School closed for children