Welcome to Reception!
Class Christmas Hampers
Please help us make the best class Christmas hamper.There is a prize for the best class hamper.
This year we have been asked to make a gold hamper. Mrs Long and I will make and decorate a hamper. We are asking you to provide the contents.For every item your child brings, they will be given a raffle ticket. These tickets will be entered into the draw to win the hamper at our Christmas Fayre (we will keep 1 ticket and write the child's name on the back for the tombola and staple the counterpart into the child's links book). You will be able to purchase more tickets at the Christmas Fayre.
Please provide item that are gold (gold coloured photo frame, chocolates and food in gold packaging, gold Christmas crackers, gold Christmas decorations, gold pens, gold hair accessories, gold coloured jewellery to name but a few).
Here's hoping for a fantastic Christmas hamper that everyone will want to buy raffle tickets for!
Thank you in advance for your support.
Welcome to Reception's Class web page. This page is intended to help both the parents and family in their journey through Reception. Please use the icons above to navigate the page.
This half term we will be welcoming 2 student teachers into Reception Class - Miss Mayes & Miss Watson. They will be visiting every Tuesday until June with some block placements. The students will work together (planned and guided by me) with groups and when ready plan and lead a few whole class lessons.
As we move into the second half term in Reception, the weather will begin to get colder and wetter. Please make sure that your child always has a coat in school. They spend lots of time outside. All children should now be in their winter uniform (no shorts for boys).
The Parent Progress Meetings will take place this half term. I will attach a clipboard with a list of dates onto the green fence next to the gate where Reception come into school. Please sign up to attend a meeting. If you are unable to make your appointment, please contact the school office. I can then use my time for other things rather than waiting for you to attend.
Please consider joining the school's active PTA. The next meeting takes place on Tuesday 12th November at 7pm. If you are unable to attend the meeting, but would like to help at an event, please let me know and I will pass your support on to the PTA. Alternatively, you could speak to Mrs Flood who is the Chair of the PTA. We are currently looking for raffle prizes for our Christmas Fayre. If you, your business or the company you work for would be willing to donate something for our raffle, please let me know.
Your child will soon be bringing home some words to learn for our EYFS Prayer Service. Please help your child at home with these. They will also have some words for the EYFS Nativity Play. More details to follow.
If you have any questions, worries or queries, please either add a message in your child’s Home-School Links book or use the contact email form below.
Here's to a smooth and calm preparation for Christmas!
Miss Oldbury - ppa cover Teaching Assistant
- Music lessons with Mrs Taylor - Wednesday
- PE lessons - Tuesday
- Commando Joe’s with Commando Dave - Thursday
- Children should not be bringing sweets or chocolate to school
Dates for your Diary
- Friday 25th October - Break up for Half Term at 3.30PM
- Monday 4th November - Return to school
- Friday 22nd November - Staff INSET Day - School closed to pupils
- Friday 22nd November - St Cecilia's Day
- Wednesday 27th November - School open day for prospective pupils
- Thursday 28th November - EYFS Prayer Service at 10am - All parents welcome to attend **Please note the change of day from Wednesday to Thursday**
- Friday 29th November - Chocolate Mufti Day (children to wear own clothes and bring in some chocolate for the chocolate tombola at the PTA Christmas Fayre)
- Sunday 1st December - First Sunday in Advent
- Friday 6th December - Bottle Mufti Day (children to wear own clothes and bring in a bottle for the bottle tombola at the PTA Christmas Fayre)
- Friday 6th December - PTA Christmas Fayre from 3.40pm - 6.00pm
- Monday 16th December - EYFS Nativity Play at 10am
- Tuesday 17th December - EYFS Nativity Play at 2.30pm
- Wednesday 18th December - Whole School Mass at 9am - All parents welcome to attend
- Thursday 19th December - Break up at 3.30pm for Christmas Holiday