Welcome to Reception!
Mrs Turley enjoying afternoon tea thanks to the generous parents at Christmas.
To the Outgoing Reception Parents & Children
Many thanks to all the parents, children and family for their kind words, thoughtful cards and generous gifts you gave to myself and Mrs Long. They are very much appreciated.
I hope you have a fun summer with your families and that the children come back to school rested and ready for Year One.
A message for the children - be good, be safe and have fun!
To the New Reception Parents
Welcome to Reception's class page.
Reception's class page has lots of links and information that should help you and your child throughout the year. There are useful websites for both information and age appropriate gaming, phonics flash cards, prayers used in school, videos to support your child's learning and information fact sheets. Please remember to check back regularly!
See you in September!
A Few things to remember before starting school:
- Help your child get used to wearing the formal uniform by letting them try on their uniform over the summer.
- Short sleeve shirts are best.
- Don't forget that elasticated tie!
- Help your child learn to put their shoes on the right feet - velcro goes to the outside.
- 'Wear-in' any new shoes before the first day of school.
- NAME ALL UNIFORM, COATS AND BAGS!!!!
- Put a key ring on your child's reading packet and pump bag to help them identify it out of 30 that are the same!
- Encourage your child to do things by themselves to help improve independence and resilience.
- Remember to sign up to 'Dolce' to order lunch for your child. If you have any problems with this, please contact the school office on Monday 2nd September. Without an order, your child will not get their food preference for lunch.
Welcome to Reception's Class web page.This page is intended to help both the parents and family in their journey through Reception. Please use the icons above to navigate your way through the page.
School drinking flasks will be given out on your child's first day in school. These are made from recycled materials and should be filled up with water and brought to school every day. Please name it and add something to help your child identify their bottle.
I hope you have a wonderful summer holiday with your children and I look forward to seeing you all again in September with our new Early Years Unit and outdoor space.
Miss Oldbury - ppa cover Teaching Assistant
- Music lessons with Mrs Taylor - TBA
- PE lessons - TBA
- Children should not be bringing sweets or chocolate to school
Dates for your Diary
- Friday 19th July – Break up for Summer at 2.30pm
- Wednesday 4th September - All children start school full time.
- Wednesday 11th September - Whole School Mass at 9am - All parents are welcome to attend
- Friday 13th September - Reception's 'Meet the Teacher' at 2.45pm. Parents are invited to come to Reception class to find out about what to expect through the year
- Friday 27th September - MacMillan Coffee Morning following 9am Congratulations Assembly
- Friday 27th September - 'Literacy in Reception' at 2.45pm - a workshop to inform parents about Literacy at St Anne's
- Monday 30th September - INSET Day School closed to pupils
- October - Walk to School Month
- October - The Month of Mary
- Thursday 3rd October - Individual photographs
- Monday 7th October - Devotion to 'Our Lady of Lourdes'
- Wednesday 23rd October - Whole School Harvest Thanksgiving Mass at 9am -All parents welcome to attend
- Friday 25th October - Break up for Half Term at 3.30PM
- Monday 4th October - Return to school
- Friday 22nd November - Staff INSET Day - School closed to pupils
- Friday 22nd November - St Cecilia's Day
- Wednesday 27th November - School open day for prospective pupils
- Wednesday 27th November - EYFS Prayer Service at 10am - All parents welcome to attend
- Sunday 1st December - First Sunday in Advent
- Friday 6th December - PTA Christmas Fayre from 3.40pm - 6.00pm
- Monday 16th December - EYFS Nativity Play at 10am
- Tuesday 17th December - EYFS Nativity Play at 2.30pm
- Wednesday 18th December - Whole School Mass at 9am - All parents welcome to attend
- Thursday 19th December - Break up for Christmas Holiday