Welcome to Reception!
School is now closed. What happens next?
You will receive a ParentMail every morning from me as a little message to the children. Please read this to your child and explain that I will be putting some work for them to do on the website.
Go to the class page and find the ‘School Closure Home Learning’ page. There will be a subpage called ‘Daily Home Learning Messages from Mrs Turley’. Here I will post daily the activities the children should complete. It might make reference to a video on the video page, weblink, maths challenge, creative task, writing challenge, reading book, phonics digraphs or tricky words, handwriting, flash cards, RE activity or even a prayer. I intend to include a ‘Daily Mile’ activity plus some dancing or exercise routine to keep children active. Even though at St Anne’s we have suggested 1 hour of formal learning for children in Reception, I don’t advise that you try to do this all in one go if it’s a formal task. That would not be appropriate expectations for a child of 4 or 5. Spend 5 or 10 minutes and then let them have a snack/play/practical task and then return later.
Some people have suggested they might make a family timetable, behaviour chart or even put children in their school jumper or cardigan to suggest it is time for learning. Find what works for you and your family. If you find something works then share this on the class WhatsApp group. For the first few days/weeks before Easter I intend on making things very fluid and simple so that children and parents have time to adjust to this challenging situation. Your child might have questions for you. Answer them honestly, but at an age appropriate level being careful not to scare your child. Be careful what news pictures are on in your house. Children see things differently to adults and something small to us might cause children to worry unnecessarily.
I would love to see how the children are getting on. I ask that you send me one picture a week of something your child is proud of. It could be a writing task, maths challenge, creative task, outdoor activity, a great photo they’ve taken or even learning to make a sandwich of the first time. I intend to add pictures to the class website just as I do when we’re in school.
Let’s see how next week goes. Take care and God bless
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PARENTS 19th MARCH
- If your child has been away from school, I have sent resources with Ollie or Kaelan's mums. Please make arrangements to collect / drop of on door steps. Thank you to them for helping.
- Tonight your child is bringing home a few more reading books. This should keep them going for a few weeks.
- I have included flash cards for the remaining Phase 3 phonics. I will advise you which ones to focus on.
- I have added a sheet for the remaining Phase 3 & Phase 4 tricky words. Again I will advise you which ones to focus on and when.
Keep your eyes on this page over the next few weeks for more information
Now that school is going to be closed, I intend to put daily learning on the "School Closure Home Learning" page above.
Welcome to Reception's Class web page. This page is intended to help both the parents and family in their journey through Reception. Please use the icons above to navigate the page.
As we move into the second half of the year, we move ever closer to Year 1. We’re doing well with phonics and are currently learning the digraphs and trigraphs from Phase 3. There are flash cards on the Literacy page to use with your child and the parent help sheet and PowerPoint from the Parent Workshop for your information. The tricky word songs we sing in class are on the video pages along with some segmenting and blending videos. Please spend time regularly with your child practicing segmenting and blending. Children need to be competent at blending regular words by the end of Reception. For other expectations, please look on the Curriculum pages.
Please consider joining the school's active PTA. The next meeting takes place on Monday 9th March at 7pm. If you are unable to attend the meeting, but would like to help at an event, please let me know and I will pass your support on to the PTA. Alternatively, you could speak to Mrs Flood (Kacey's mum) who is the Chair of the PTA.
If you have any questions, worries or queries, please either add a message in your child’s Home-School Links book or use the contact email form below.
Wishing you all a Happy New Year!
Miss Regan - ppa cover Teaching Assistant
- Music lessons with Mrs Taylor - Wednesday
- Multi Skills After School Club - Wednesday
- PE lessons - Tuesday
- Children should not be bringing sweets or chocolate to school
Dates for your Diary
- Tuesday 11th February – Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes
- Tuesday 11th February – Journey through time day
- Friday 14th February – Parent Vocation Day
- Friday 14th February – Break up for half term at 3.25pm
- Monday 24th February – Return to School
- Wednesday 26th February – Whole School Mass at 9am - distribution of ashes for Ash Wednesday
- Friday 28th February – Wear yellow for St David’s Day (1st March)
- Monday 2nd March – PTA Meeting 7pm
- Monday 16th March – PTA Mother’s Day Shop open all week (more details to follow)
- Tuesday 17th March – Wear green for St Patrick’s Day
- Wednesday 25th March – EYFS Prayer Service 10am
- Thursday 26th March – Easter Bingo (more details to follow)
- Friday 27th March – PTA Egg Decorating & Rolling (more details to follow)
- Friday 3rd April – Easter Games organised by Y5 & Y6 – children are invited to play the games made by Y5 & Y6 where funds will go to our Lenten charities. Please send your child with up to £1
- Friday 3rd April – Break up for Easter at 3.25pm
- Monday 20th April – Return to School
- Monday 4th May – IN SCHOOL - NOT BANK HOLIDAY
- Friday 8th May – SCHOOL CLOSED - BANK HOLIDAY
- Wednesday 20th May – Whole School Mass followed by May Procession
- Friday 22nd May - Break up for half term at 3.25pm
- Monday 1st June – Return to school
- Wednesday 17th June – Whole School Mass of Thanksgiving for Y3 Communions
*Please note there are possible changes to Sports Day & the Garden Party to Friday 10th July & Saturday 11th July due to clashes with other local schools*