Salt Dough Recipe
Remind your child not to put their hands in their mouth / eyes while making this dough.
What you will need:
2 cups of plain flour
1 cup of salt
1 cup of water (put 3/4 in first, mix and see how much more you need)
Baking Tray covered with grease proof paper
- Put the flour, salt and water into a bowl.
- Mix together to make a dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes on a floured surface so it doesn't stick
- Roll out to about 1cm / 1.5cm depth and large enough to fit all hands
- Cover the baking tray with grease proof paper
- Transfer to the baking tray
- Make your hand prints on your salt dough. You might want to do finger prints / foot prints etc.
- If you want to make it hang, remember to put holes in your shape before you put it in the oven
- Bake at 100 degree celsius for between 1-2 hours (depending upon thickness of your dough)
- Keep your eye on this while it is in the oven to ensure it goes hard, but doesn't burn
- Leave the plaque to cool down
- Paint your creation and get creative
- You can put spare uncooked mixture in a sealed airtight container to use again - just like play dough.