Mental Health and well-being
At St. Anne’s Catholic Primary School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self-esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
- Universal Support- To meet the needs of all our pupils, through our overall ethos and our wider curriculum. For instance developing resilience for all.
- Additional support- For those who may have short term needs and those who may have been made vulnerable by life experiences such as bereavement.
- Targeted support- For pupils who need more differentiated support and resources or specific targeted interventions such as wellbeing groups or personal mentors.
Online Support and Help lines for children under the age of 18
Mental Health and Well-Being Policy
From November 2020, we will be using Trick Box across the school. This program is designed to support pupils, being giving them a set of 24 tricks, that they can use to help them in their everyday life. These tricks are based on cognitive behavioral techniques. Look out for messages from school, that will explain which trick your child is learning about and will give you ideas to help you to support your child.
Quo Vadis is a program designed for our older pupils and it helps them to explore their feelings around, self-esteem, confidence and self-worth. The children in Years 4, 5 and 6 complete workbooks and have in depth discussions and presentations about these topics.