Welcome to Nursery!
Welcome to Nursery's class page
Please navigate between the different picture icons where you will find useful information.
I have uploaded different PowerPoints and weblinks we use in class to support your child's learning so these can be used at home.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Staff in Nursery Class:
Mrs Thomas - Class Teacher
Mrs deMonte - Teaching Assistant (Monday to Wednesday)
Mrs Clohessy - Teaching Assistant (Thursday to Friday)
Miss Oldbury - PPA cover Teaching Assistant
Mrs Taylor - Music Teacher
The Parent Planner for Autumn 1st 2018 has been posted on the Curriculum page.
Music lessons with Mrs Taylor take place on Wednesdays.
PE lessons take place every Monday. Please make sure earrings are removed (or covered with tape/plasters) on this day and long hair is tied up. Children are expected to put on their own PE kits so please support independent changing at home as this will help them within school.
Lunch time, please think very carefully about the contents and ensure they are filled with healthy options. Children should not be bringing sweets or chocolate in their packed lunch. Yoghurts and fruit are preferable to these.
Homework consists of a library book your child has chosen from our class library. They will also have their own Sound and Number book which is tailored to their own individual learning. Later on in the term they will get letter and number formation sheets which supports learning in class (these can be done practically with sand, paint etc. too). Each child has their own reading day which can be found written in the front of their books. Please ensure they have their Sound/Number book and Library book on this day.
- Please check your child's reading packet every evening including the Home/School book as there may be a message from us. They will also get letters, leaflets, party invites, children's pictures etc from time to time.
- make sure that uniform, coats and drinking flasks are clearly named especially if your child has new uniform.
- Home/School Books only to be placed in the box outside of Nursery if there is a message for us.
- Please make sure hair is tied up completely in ponytails or plaits and not in a half up / half down style to help stop the spread of head lice
- If your child is late in the morning, please take them directly to the main office