Welcome to Reception!
Happy New Year to you all!
Thank you very much for the best wishes and generous & thoughtful gifts you all gave to Mrs Long and myself. We were both very touched.
This term we begin to take part in the 'Daily Mile'. This is to help improve the children's general fitness and be fit for life. In Reception, children are encouraged to initially walk for up to a mile around the playground. We will be working up to jogging then running this like the rest of the school. More information can be found on the daily mile website.
We will begin to learn to read, copy write and then spell independently the tricky words in our Phonics session.
Our topic is 'Space'. A fantastic space rocket has landed in our class. Later in the term, I will post some photographs about their adventures in space.
All parents are invited to our Weekly Awards Assembly on Friday at 9am.
If you have any questions or concerns through the year, please do not hesitate to contact me using the new contact form at the bottom of this page.
Miss Oldbury - ppa cover Teaching Assistant
- Music lessons with Mrs Taylor - Wednesday
- PE lessons - Tuesday
- Children should not be bringing sweets or chocolate to school
Dates for your Diary
- Monday 7th January - Return to school
- Friday 11th January - PTA Mufti Day for unwanted gifts from Christmas
- Tuesday 15th January - PTA Meeting at 7pm
- Tuesday 15th January - Bags to School
- Friday 1st February - National Numbers Day
- Monday 11th February - Our Lady of Lourdes feast day
- Friday 15th February - Break up for half term
- Monday 25th February - Return to school
- Friday 1st March - St David's Day
- Wednesday 6th March - Ash Wednesday Mass at 9am
- Wednesday 27th March - EYFS Prayer Service at 10am
- Friday 5th April - Whole School Retreat Day
- Friday 12th April - Break up for Easter
- Monday 29th April - Return to school
- Monday 6th May - BANK HOLIDAY - SCHOOL CLOSED
- Friday 24th May - Break up for half term
- Monday 3rd June - Return to school
- Friday 5th July - Sports Day - Reception race in the afternoon. You are all invited to share a picnic lunch with your child on the field at 12pm
- Saturday 6th July - PTA Garden Party
- Tuesday 9th July - Transition Day
- Friday 19th July - Break up for Summer Holiday