Welcome to Reception!
World Book Day 2019
Wishing all our children and families blessings this Easter
The Daily Mile continues and I can see amazing progress in the children's stamina since starting this in January. Many children are running parts (or most) of it. Even I am starting to run part of the mile! Some children walk, while others run, skip, hop and even side step. Children like to encourage each other or even challenge themselves to see how fast they can fun. They like the challenge of not letting Mrs Turley overtake them. In Early Years we try to make it fun and enjoyable while learning to be fit and healthy. At the end of the session, we feel the effects of the exercise on our bodies. Once inside we have milk and fruit to continue being healthy. More information can be found on the Daily Mile website.
This term we are changing our handwriting policy. The children will be introduced to 'continuous cursive' font which will make it easier for children to join writing and make writing flow later in their school life. Each new letter formation will be introduced carefully and systematically. I will inform you of the weekly focus on the homework note. In Reception we will focus on the formation of each letter rather than the joins. This will continue through Year 1 where the joins will be introduced. I have added some details on the handwriting page.
The Parent Planner has been uploaded and uses the new handwriting font. It is the 'continuous cursive' style, but not joined to give you an idea of the writing expected style expected from the children.
In phonics sessions, we have now completed Phase 3 sounds. We are continuing to learn to read, copy write and then spell independently the tricky words in our Phonics session. There are some helpful resources on the Literacy page. There are also lots of regular word flash cards and letter formation activities for you to use with your child. Remember to use the Phonics Play website games to help your child. Don't forget to use your phoneme fingers!
This term, children will be given their house group that they will be in while they are attending St Anne's. I have attached an information sheet on the general information page. You will be informed which house group your child is in when they return to school after the Easter break.
Progress meetings will take place this half term. Please sign up to attend using the memo on the class door. Please make every effort to attend on the correct day and at the correct time.
All parents are invited to our Weekly Awards Assembly on Friday at 9am.
If you have any questions or concerns through the year, please do not hesitate to contact me using the new contact form at the bottom of this page.
Miss Oldbury - ppa cover Teaching Assistant
- Music lessons with Mrs Taylor - Wednesday
- PE lessons - Tuesday
- Children should not be bringing sweets or chocolate to school
Dates for your Diary
- Friday 12th April - Break up for Easter
- Monday 29th April - Return to school
- Wednesday 1st May - Whole School Mass followed by May Procession in school
- Monday 6th May - BANK HOLIDAY - SCHOOL CLOSED
- Friday 10th May - PTA Quiz Night - Could you form a Reception Team?
- Friday 24th May - Break up for half term
- Monday 3rd June - Return to school
- Friday 28th June - PTA Sweet Mufti - Decorate an empty jar and fill with sweets
- Friday 5th July - PTA Bottle Mufti
- Friday 5th July - Sports Day - You are all invited to share a picnic lunch with your child on the field at 12pm. If you can spare half an hour, please stay after school to help the PTA in preparation for the garden party.
- Saturday 6th July - PTA Garden Party 1pm - 4pm
- Tuesday 9th July - Transition Day
- Thursday 11th July - Y6 Confirmation 7pm (Our Special Friends)
- Friday 12th July - KS1 PTA Party after school
- Friday 19th July - Break up for Summer Holiday