Welcome to Reception!
World Book Day 2019
The Daily Mile continues. I can see amazing progress in the children's stamina. More children are running parts of it. Some children walk (with me), while some run, skip, hop and even side step. Children like to hold their friends hands and encourage each other or even challenge themselves to see how fast they can fun. They like the challenge of not letting Mrs Turley overtake them. In Early Years we try to make it fun and enjoyable while learning to be fit and healthy. At the end of the session, we feel the effects of the exercise on our bodies. Once inside we have milk and fruit to continue being healthy. More information can be found on the Daily Mile website.
We are continuing to learn to read, copy write and then spell independently the tricky words in our Phonics session. There are some helpful resources on the Literacy page. There are also lots of regular word flash cards and letter formation activities for you to use with your child. Remember to use the Phonics Play website games to help your child. Don't forget to use your phoneme fingers!
We are continuing the 'Space' topic this term. It has been a great inspiration for creative writing.
Progress meetings will take place later this half term. Please look out for the memo on the class door to sign up to attend. Please make every effort to attend.
As we move into the season of Lent, the children will be using this time to prepare themselves for Jesus at Easter. They will be spending time in prayer and each week we will have a different focus on trying to be good people and be more like Jesus. Look out for fund raising activities for those less fortunate than ourselves.
All parents are invited to our Weekly Awards Assembly on Friday at 9am.
If you have any questions or concerns through the year, please do not hesitate to contact me using the new contact form at the bottom of this page.
Miss Oldbury - ppa cover Teaching Assistant
- Music lessons with Mrs Taylor - Wednesday
- PE lessons - Tuesday
- Children should not be bringing sweets or chocolate to school
Dates for your Diary
- Monday 25th February - Return to school
- Monday 25th February - PTA Meeting at 7pm
- Friday 1st March - St David's Day
- Wednesday 6th March - Ash Wednesday Mass at 9am
- Monday 11th March - School & Parish Retreat Week. Information available on their website (link on our website links page) - Parents welcome to attend for coffee every morning at 8.40 am
- Friday 15th March - No Good Work Assembly
- Friday 15th March - Whole School Mass at 2.15pm
- Monday 25th March - PTA Mother's Day shop open every lunchtime
- Wednesday 27th March - EYFS Prayer Service at 10am
- Friday 5th April - Whole School Retreat Day
- Thursday 11th April - PTA Easter Egg design competition
- Friday 12th April - Break up for Easter
- Monday 29th April - Return to school
- Wednesday 1st May - Whole School Mass followed by May Procession in school
- Monday 6th May - BANK HOLIDAY - SCHOOL CLOSED
- Friday 10th May - PTA Quiz Night - Could you form a Reception Team?
- Friday 24th May - Break up for half term
- Monday 3rd June - Return to school
- Friday 28th June - PTA Sweet Mufti - Decorate an empty jar and fill with sweets
- Friday 5th July - PTA Bottle Mufti
- Friday 5th July - Sports Day - You are all invited to share a picnic lunch with your child on the field at 12pm.
- Saturday 6th July - PTA Garden Party 1pm - 4pm
- Tuesday 9th July - Transition Day
- Friday 12th July - KS1 PTA Party after school
- Friday 19th July - Break up for Summer Holiday