Welcome to Reception!
World Book Day 2019
As we move in to the final busy few weeks of Reception, I'm very pleased with the progress made by each one of the children. You should all be very proud of your children. They certainly are ready for Year One.
The new handwriting scheme has been introduced. The children are learning the 'continuous cursive' font which will make it easier for children to join writing and make writing flow later in their school life. Each new letter formation will be introduced carefully and systematically. In Reception we will focus on the formation of each letter rather than the joins. This will continue through Year One where the joins will be introduced. I have added some details on the handwriting page.
In readiness for Year One, please continue to practice learning and using the digraph sounds covered in Reception. Please begin to use the Phase 4 flash cards if you feel your child has mastered Phase 2 and 3 resources. Children need to read, copy write and then spell independently the tricky words and regular words covered in our Phonics session. There are some helpful resources on the Literacy page. There are also lots of regular word flash cards and letter formation activities for you to use with your child. Remember to use the Phonics Play website games to help your child. Don't forget to use your phoneme fingers!
Thank you for your continued support this year. The children really do benefit greatly from parents working in partnership with school.
Let's hope the sun begins to shine and the rain stops!
Miss Oldbury - ppa cover Teaching Assistant
- Music lessons with Mrs Taylor - Wednesday
- PE lessons - Tuesday
- Children should not be bringing sweets or chocolate to school
Dates for your Diary
Please check the dates you have as there have been some changes
- Wednesday 26th June – Return the PTA ‘Bags for School’ before 9am
- Thursday 27th June – Whole School Mass of thanksgiving for Y3’s Holy Communion
- Friday 28th June – Sweet Jar Mufti Day. Please fill and decorate a jar of sweets
- Thursday 4th July – Bottle Mufti Day
- Friday 5th July – Sports Day. Infants Race in the afternoon from 1.15pm
- Saturday 6th July – PTA Garden Party 1pm-4pm
- Monday 8th July – Reserve Sport’s Day if wet on Friday 5th July
- Tuesday 9th July – Reception’s Show and Tell at 9am Mass. Please help children learn their words when they are given out and arrive at church by 8.45am
- Thursday 11th July – Y6 Confirmation at 7pm. Please keep your child’s special friend in your prayers
- Friday 19th July – Break up for Summer at 2.30pm
SPORTS DAY ARRANGEMENTS
Parents and family are invited to share a picnic lunch (weather permitting) on the school field at 12pm. Parents will be responsible for their child during lunchtime. If you cannot make it, you may arrange for your child to have lunch with a friend - you must inform us of this. If not, children will eat lunch and be looked after by the dinner supervisors.
Please keep an eye on your child during lunch and be aware that children should not leave the school grounds.
Children in Rec-Y2 who have a school dinner ordered will be provided with a packed lunch for the day. Children will be in their PE kits ready for the afternoon of races. Programmes for the order of races will be available to purchase through lunchtime and the PTA will be on hand to make the day extra special.
When the children are racing, please stay behind the roped area and do not attempt to go over to your child. If you have any concerns, please see one of the teachers at the end of the race track.
At the end of the day, children will be dismissed in the usual way. If you are able to stay for an hour at the end of the day to help the PTA, that would be much appreciated.
Please pray for good weather.