Values and Virtues
The Value and Virtue that we are focusing on for the first half term is 'Faith-filled and Hopeful'.
In Year 6 we think that being Faith-filled means:
· Living life as God wants us to live
· Have faith in God at all times
· Faith gives us Hope
· Continuing to build on our faith through prayer
· Having faith and trust in others
In Year 6 we think that being Hopeful means:
· To be optimistic of our life with God
· We are Hopeful when we trust in God
· Helping us to face challenges
· We don’t give up
· Hope gives us courage to face the future
· Hope can deepen and restore our faith
· We are praying and thinking positively
Faith-filled and Hopeful
In year 6 we think that being Compassionate means:
· Understanding other people’s feelings and why they might feel that way.
· Feeling sympathy for others and trying to support them to overcome their problems with support and charity.
· Thinking of others around the world and acting to make things better for them.
· Feeling sorry for other people and listening to them.
· Forgiving others and accepting forgiveness.
In year 6 we think that being Loving means:
· Following the teachings of Jesus – ‘Love one another as I have loved you’.
· Demonstrating the gospel values of love, respect, kindness and mercy.
· Showing love for those we do not know by giving to charity and praying for people around the world.
· Showing forgiveness.
· Being loving in thought, word and deed.