Values and Virtues
The Values and Virtues that we are focusing on during this half-term are 'Learned and Wise'.
In Year 6 we think that being Learned means:
· Using the talents of our learning to do what God wants us to do;
· Spreading the teachings of Jesus to other people;
· Knowing about the lives of the poor and helping to give them another chance;
· Being aware of the state of the world;
· Providing others with learning and an education;
· Being careful in our words to God;
· Trying to think of the needs of others.
In Year 6 we think that being Wise means:
· Putting what we have learnt to good use by helping those in need;
· Praying for people who are going through difficulties;
· Choosing our words carefully so that we don’t hurt others;
· Sharing what we have learnt about God;
· Giving to those in need and works of charity;
· Being kind, caring and compassionate;
· Be grateful for what we have and who we are;
· Caring for the environment.
In Year 6 we think that being eloquent means:
· Speaking up for what is truly right
· Being kind in your words
· Using your ability to speak about your thoughts and God’s love persuasively
· Using your words with love and compassion
· Talking clearly about Jesus’ love and teachings
· Thinking before you speak
In Year 6 we think that being truthful means:
· Don’t lie cause the truth will always come out
· Trying to tell the truth even when you might be in trouble
· Being truthful is being trusting of others
· Being honest with yourself as well as others
· Knowing that Jesus is the truth, the way and the life.
Eloquent and Truthful
In Year 6 we think that being Faith-filled means:
· Living life as God wants us to live
· Have faith in God at all times
· Faith gives us Hope
· Continuing to build on our faith through prayer
· Having faith and trust in others
In Year 6 we think that being Hopeful means:
· To be optimistic of our life with God
· We are Hopeful when we trust in God
· Helping us to face challenges
· We don’t give up
· Hope gives us courage to face the future
· Hope can deepen and restore our faith
· We are praying and thinking positively
Faith-filled and Hopeful
In year 6 we think that being Compassionate means:
· Understanding other people’s feelings and why they might feel that way.
· Feeling sympathy for others and trying to support them to overcome their problems with support and charity.
· Thinking of others around the world and acting to make things better for them.
· Feeling sorry for other people and listening to them.
· Forgiving others and accepting forgiveness.
In year 6 we think that being Loving means:
· Following the teachings of Jesus – ‘Love one another as I have loved you’.
· Demonstrating the gospel values of love, respect, kindness and mercy.
· Showing love for those we do not know by giving to charity and praying for people around the world.
· Showing forgiveness.
· Being loving in thought, word and deed.